Ah! These are the fancy burgers that I remember my mom making for a very large family party at our house when I was a kid. We used to serve these with French bread as the bun and with optional onions which is also delicious. However, these can be so yummy served "bun-less" on their own alongside some oven fries and some vegetable or pasta salad. YUM!!
Take your family barbecue to the next level with these tasty burgers! You will not regret it!!
Marinated Red Wine Burgers:
Adapted from: The Sunset Book of Entertaining
Note: This recipe makes 12 burgers. You may reduce it to make fewer burgers if you wish.
4 pounds grass fed beef (80% lean and 20% fat)
1/2 cup (heaping) of chopped green onions
1.5 tablespoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 a bottle of red wine of your choice
Optional: Crumbled blue cheese for the top
1. Mix the beef, onions, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Don't over mix.
2. Form 12 patties and put a "dimple" with your thumb in the center of each one.
3. Place the patties in a large rectangular glass dish.
4. Pour the wine over the burgers.
5. Cover the dish with foil and place the dish in the fridge. Marinate the burgers 2-4 hours. 4 hours is best.
6. Heat your grill to medium heat. Grill the burgers, flipping only once. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 145F. Then, take the burgers off the grill and top with optional blue cheese. YUM!!