I love requests! A great friend of mine in my "Recipes for a Cheery Life" Facebook Group for meal planning and recipes asked for some 10 minute meal recipes. I loved that challenge so I decided to dedicate today's morning recipe session that I always do on Mondays to creating some of these for her.
I was able to come up with 2 quick meals and 1 quick snack! What a fun challenge. I did this by taking out lots of items from the pantry and the fridge and thinking quickly of ways to combine them into healthy meals.
I love the taste of hummus and lemon juice, so I combined those flavors into this vegan main dish that is great for lunch or dinner. It is a fast, 10 minute dish that you can whip up on a weeknight or one that you can make the night before to pack up and take with you to work.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of this meal that you can make yourself in a matter of minutes! Hooray!
10 Minute Mediterranean Fried Rice:
Makes: 2 large Servings
1 cup baby spinach leaves (place 1/2 cup on each plate)
olive oil for sauteing
1/2 of a small shallot, diced finely
1 can chickpeas, drained and dried by rolling inside a clean kitchen towel
1 cup cooked brown rice (cold)
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Drain and dry chickpeas by rolling them inside a clean kitchen towel.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
3. Cook shallots for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
4. Add in chickpeas and rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in the lemon juice, parsely and season to taste with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Take off of the heat and divide between 2 plates on top of the spinach.
If you enjoy these recipes, check out some more: