Onigiri Rice Triangles with Guacamole
Makes 6-8 rice triangles. These may be served as a snack, appetizer, side dish or a great light lunch or dinner along with a salad.
Freshly cooked sushi rice
nori (seaweed strips)
1. Have a bowl of salted water nearby. Set up a cutting board with nori strips (1-2 inch strips) a seasoning bowl nearby and also your guacamole filling.
2. Dip your hands into the salted water so that they don't stick to the sushi rice.
3. Measure out 1/2 cup sushi rice, sprinkle with a bit of salt to season and form a ball out of it. Make an indent in the center of the ball. Add in a tablespoon of the guacamole into the indentation and then cover it with rice. You may need to add extra rice to cover it.
4. Place the ball down on the cutting board and shape it into a triangle. Wrap the nori strip around your rice triangle.
5. Finally, sprinkle the outside with a garlic adobo seasoning or your seasoning of choice. Place your rice triangles on a plate covered in plastic wrap. Wrap up the plate and refrigerate until serving time.
1 small avocado, mashed
Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lime
salt to taste
Mix together these three ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Use one tablespoon of this filling for each rice triangle.