Since pumpkin & sweet potato season is coming up, I thought I'd share a delicious recipe for a sweet potato dish. I love the beautiful colors that are soon coming in fall- and a beautiful orange, like sweet potatoes is coming up soon!
I love sweet potatoes!! I am so glad that they are also good for you & many people with food sensitivities can enjoy them as well. I present to you a lovely sweet potato side dish or dessert with some tropical flare! Yum!
I think this dish is darling in cute little glass dessert dishes, served warm for dessert, or as a fabulously different side dish for a dinner side dish. Whatever you choose, you know you will be serving something healthy and delicious for your family and friends.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do. I am so in love with it! :)
Coconut Date Sugar Sweet Potato Bake:
1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing baking dish
1/2 cup date sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1. Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 8x8x2 square glass baking dish with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the sweet potatoes with the maple syrup. Stir in the eggs. Mix in the coconut cream, vanilla and coconut oil. Transfer this mixture to the baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle it over the sweet potato mixture in the baking dish.
4. Bake for 20+ minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. This can be served as a side dish for a holiday dinner or as a dessert with a bit of extra coconut on top.
If you enjoyed this post, send it on to a sweet-potato loving friend!